- Design: Autodesk Inventor 2015 Student Edition – download and install on your computer or use one of the schools computers
- Print/Slice: Slimplify3D – Already installed on the 3D printer dedicated computer, not necessary to have on your computer
- Process File Download (sets basic printer configuration): Process
- Import your .stl file into simplify3d
- Make sure the size looks right in the preview window
- Modify any slicing settings such as infill % using the “edit process settings” button on the bottom left
- Click “Prepare to Print”
- Verify that the sliced file looks good and all the lines are where they should be.
- Verify that the print bed is clean and has blue painters tape on it where your part will be printed
- Click “Begin Printing over USB” on the bottom left
- The printer will start preheating the bed and extruder
- Once temperature is reached it will home all the Axis and then start printing!
- If anything goes wrong push the “Stop” button below the printer LCD panel
Apply painters tape to the bed where your part is going to be printed.